Hillcrest Lodge originally opened in 1961; over the years it has undergone numerous renovations and additions, with the most recent large scale addition opening in 2022. The newly updated facility is bright and spacious, with plenty of common areas for residents to socialize and take part in fun activities.
Hillcrest is ideal for residents who wish to have all their meals and housekeeping taken care of.
Our Social Hub
Hillcrest Lodge not only offers modern accommodations, but we also consider it the "Hub" of Barrhead & District Social Housing.
The kitchen prepares nutritious meals for Hillcrest and Klondike Place residents, and the dining room hosts many activities and social functions. Our pedway system provides easy, indoor access between the Hillcrest and our other local buildings.
The Hillcrest Lodge building is also home to BDSHA management and administrative staff, as well as our housekeeping services.
4321 - 52 Avenue Barrhead, AB
1961 - 2022
# of Units
- On site hair salon and foot care service
- Large cafeteria
- Indoor and outdoor seating areas
- Puzzle tables and games room
- Outdoor garden boxes in summer
- Pedway access
Click on the links below to view a digital walk through of the rooms:
Studio Suite (2 Story Building)
Studio Suite (New Building)
One Bedroom Suite
Total Units: 111
- 2 Story Section - 41 Suites
- 38 Studio Suites
- 3 Accessible Suites
- New Addition - 70 Barrier-Free Suites
- 8 One-bedroom Suites
- 62 Studio Suites
Maximum Occupancy: 121
- Rent is based on 30% of total family income + a Fixed Residential Services portion set by the board on an annual basis*
- All residents must be left with disposable income of $322/month after paying rent, electricity and laundry (self), except if:
- The resident has chosen to stay in a larger room and agrees to pay more or their families have agreed to pay additional costs
- The resident chooses not to access all financial benefits available
- Maximum rent is set by the board on an annual basis according to room size
*Fixed Residential Services portion is based on room size and number of residents in the room
- The resident refuses to provide income information
- 3 Meals per day
- 3 Snacks per day
- Water and sewer
- Access to common laundry rooms
These services may be purchased at additional cost:
- Commercial laundry
- Cable TV
- Internet (through a vendor such as Shaw, Telus, etc.)
No medical care is available from the foundation staff, however foundation staff have first aid and will complete an assessment during an emergency.
Health services are provided by Alberta Health Service. Included in the Alberta Health staff are: Registered nurses, licensed Practical Nurses, Home Support Aides, Occupational Therapists, Respiratory Therapists. If your needs require any of these services please call the Coordinated Access to Continuing Care Services:
Toll Free Phone line is: 1-855-371-4122
Toll Free Fax line is: 1-855-776-3805
Basic furnishings are available to residents if they require this service. All new tenants are encouraged to bring their own personal belongings.