Temporary Activities Assistant
Barrhead and District Social Housing Association provides safe, affordable, quality housing for the well-being and independence of residents and tenants.
We are currently recruiting for a Temporary Activities Assistant who is personable, cheerful, reliable, and genuinely enjoys working with seniors.
This position is 3 days per week, with hours of work typically being 8:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
*Some weekends and evenings are required to accommodate planned events.
Specific duties and responsibilities of this position shall include but are not limited to the following:
• Supporting/Encouraging participation in events and activities
• Participation in events and activities, should be fun and enthusiastic
• Knowledge of activities that are to take place in future
• Respectful of residents opinions, judgements and abilities
• Setup and cleanup of activities, errands, pickups, and delivery when assigned
• Commencement of events and activities when assigned
• Computer skills for creating posters and calendars when necessary
• Able to work some evenings and weekends when required
• Class 4 license would be considered an asset (or willing to obtain)
• Perform all duties as assigned by Activities Manager and CAO
• Must be personable, cheerful, energetic and honest.
• Must have word, excel, and computer skills.
• Valid driver’s license, First Aid & CPR,
• Organizational skills and problem-solving skills.
• Must be reliable and dependable.
• Must have a CLEAN criminal record check.
• Must keep affairs of the Association confidential.
• Must maintain good communication.
• Genuine interest and commitment to work with seniors in a compassionate, dignified, and respectful manner.
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
• Clean criminal record check
• Barrhead and District Social Housing Association operates licensed supportive living facilities. All mandates implemented by Alberta Health are applicable and employees must adhere to them. During outbreaks employees are required to wear masks and eye protection.
If you think you are the candidate we are looking for, please forward resumes to Human Resources Manager - Jaime Taron @email@example.com or in person at Hillcrest main office: 4321-52 Ave. Barrhead Alberta.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: All applicants must be able to provide a clear criminal record vulnerable sector check.